Skip to content
Launch M3 Coordinator as a bridge for the Read/Write path of M3DB into open source (Q1 2018)
V1 (late Q4 2017 - early Q1 2018)
- Create a gRPC/Protobuf service.
- Handlers for Prometheus remote read/write endpoints.
- Perform fanout to M3DB nodes.
- Tooling to set up M3 Coordinator alongside Prometheus.
V2 (late Q1 2018)
- Support cross datacenter calls with remote aggregations.
- Benchmark the performance of the coordinator and M3DB using popular datasets.
- Support for multiple M3DB clusters.
M3 Query and optimizations for M3 Coordinator (Q2 2018)
- Dedicated query engine service, M3 Query.
- Support authentication and rate limiting.
- Cost accounting per query and memory management to prevent M3 Query and M3 Coordinator from going OOM.
- Push computation to storage nodes whenever possible.
- Execution state manager to keep track of running queries.
- Port the distributed computation to M3 Query service.
Dashboards can directly interact with M3 Query or M3 Coordinator to get data from M3DB (Q3-Q4 2018)
- Write a PromQL parser.
- Write the current M3QL interfaces to conform to the common DAG structure.
- Suggest auto aggregation rules.
- Provide advanced query tracking to figure out bottlenecks.