Skip to content
Q3-Q4 2019: M3QL support
Q1-Q2 2019: Graphite and Prometheus feature parity
- Full support for Prometheus functions
- Ingestion and querying support for Graphite
- Tracing support using Jaeger
- Basic cost accounting
- Performance improvements
Q3-Q4 2018: Dashboards can directly interact with M3 Query or M3 Coordinator to get data from M3DB (Q3-Q4 2018)
- Write a PromQL parser.
- Write the current M3QL interfaces to conform to the common DAG structure.
- Suggest auto aggregation rules.
- Provide advanced query tracking to figure out bottlenecks.
Q2 2018: M3 Query and optimizations for M3 Coordinator (Q2 2018)
- Dedicated query engine service, M3 Query.
- Support authentication and rate limiting.
- Cost accounting per query and memory management to prevent M3 Query and M3 Coordinator from going OOM.
- Push computation to storage nodes whenever possible.
- Execution state manager to keep track of running queries.
- Port the distributed computation to M3 Query service.
Q1 2018: Launch M3 Coordinator as a bridge for the read/write path of M3DB into open source
Late Q1 2018: V2
- Support cross datacenter calls with remote aggregations.
- Benchmark the performance of the coordinator and M3DB using popular datasets.
- Support for multiple M3DB clusters.
Early Q1 2018: V1
- Create a gRPC/Protobuf service.
- Handlers for Prometheus remote read/write endpoints.
- Perform fanout to M3DB nodes.
- Tooling to set up M3 Coordinator alongside Prometheus.